Saturday, May 22, 2010

Who came up with the pre-screening, screening, and lack of trust from hiring managers and why?

I understand that b/c of the immigration probs, you can almost count on completing an app online unless you know someone. I'm bugged b/c when I go to an interview, I feel less neighborly than in the past b/c of the system.





A recruiter saw my resume, and called my cell phone for me to call back. When I called back they didn't pick up b/c they wanted to simply hear my voice and articulation.They called me back afterwards, and admitted so. I declined the interview.





P.S. I am an american since birth.

Who came up with the pre-screening, screening, and lack of trust from hiring managers and why?
That would be the prospective employees who lie on their resumes, state that they have degrees when they don't, fail drug tests, present false identification papers, attempt to hide felony convictions, and if they get hired, repay their employer's faith by stealing from the company.





Not every potential employee does that, of course, but enough of them do that it certainly contributes to a lack of "neighborliness."





p.s. Articulation and poise don't always go hand-in-hand with one's place of origin. I know plenty of inarticulate Americans, just as I know many foreign nationals with excellent presentation skills.
Reply:Recruiters often don't pick up because they are often busy and on other phone lines.





Who came up with the other pre-screening stuff? The recruiter's clients. They say "We need someone who can speak clearly on the phone" so the recruiter looks for that.





Is it right? Not really.





Sorry but the other end of why they do background checks is because of the candidates who lie on their resumes - but that really wasn't what you were asking ....








Best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment