Saturday, May 22, 2010

Book review...I need help...I have never done one...please read.?

This is my first semester of college and my reading instructor wants us to read a non-fiction book and write a book review. I have read the book already. But I have never done a book review....even in high school. Please read the following and help my step by step. The outline she gave us reads as follows:





Introduction





1) title


2) type of book


3) year published


4) publisher and publisher's location


5) thesis


6) purpose


7) writer's credentials


(a) experience


(b) education


(c) training





Analysis and Evalution





1) information and evidence


(a) interviewing


(b) research


(c) personal experience


(d) observation





2) organization


(a) chronological


(b) flashbacks


(c) unrelated vignettes or stories


(d) table of contents, index, appendices





3) readability


(a) vocabulary


(b) illustrations


(c) complexity of sentences





Value





1) society


2) individual


3) recommendation





I understand the first 4 (they are simple) but the rest is foriegn to me. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me ;-)

Book review...I need help...I have never done one...please read.?
After 4, you should have read the book and able to write a thesis on this. Don't be stressed out with this review. It's scary, I know. Read the book, and you will be able to understand what analysis, evalution blah..blah..they are asking. Trust me, I have problems with that too. I was scared stiff but after I read the book assigned to me and finally realised what those interviewing , chronological, readability..blah and blah..meant. No sweat, so easy! Read now! You will flow in easily and it's not that bad, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment