Monday, May 24, 2010

NY Jury Duty--but moving out of state for interviews????

I've been summoned to be a standby juror on Friday, but I'm leaving on Tuesday to interview for jobs out of state. I've already had one postponement b/c I forgot to call in the first time. When i finally remembered the guy said it was no big deal and rescheduled me for a different time.





Can I be excused a 2nd time if I go in on Monday and show them my plane ticket, new lease, deposit checks (already cashed) and resignation letter from my previous employer?????

NY Jury Duty--but moving out of state for interviews????
You can be excused from jury duty for extenuating circumstances, and I would think this would apply. Call the courthouse and ask to speak to the Jury Commissioner and explain your situation. It shouldn't be a problem; they normally call many more people than they actually need.

apple

No comments:

Post a Comment