Saturday, May 22, 2010

Job offer at hotel?

So recently I was let go of a customer service position at a bank and I have been receiving Unemployment (thank goodness) so naturally I have been seeking employment w/ Dr.'s offices, hotels, etc I had 2 interviews today with two Best Western Hotels for the desk clerk position but grave yard shift One Best Western offered me the job on the spot telling me they would pay me 8.50 and the other would pay anywhere from 12-12.50 (my suggestion, even though he listed online up to 14/hr) The 8.50hr hotel wanted me to start SOON! I told them if I were to start I would start within a week and they asked if at all possible may I start sooner. I didnt accept the offer b/c I have an interview tomorrow at a Dentist office as receptionist %26amp; I have dropped off several resumes at different locations. Was I wrong not to accept the offer? I was used to making 11.50hr with full benefits. I have over 2 years experience in banking/customer service, type 51WPM fluent in Spanish. Im worth more $ arent I?

Job offer at hotel?
If they $8.50 / hr Best Western really needed you badly, they should have offered more than $8.50. If that's their best offer and you feel you could earn more, than look elsewhere with a clear conscience.
Reply:The worst thing you can do is take a job out of desperation. You would really regret it in the long run.





It is good that you held out and your perfect job will come along soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment