Saturday, May 22, 2010

Accept Job Offer or Wait to Hear Back from Others?

I've been going on interviews lately to start my career. Job A has offered me a position and wants me to go in tomorrow to discuss the details of the offer...Job B hasn't gotten back to me yet (but I told them I had received an offer today)...Job C I have an interview for in 2 days. I'm not sure what to do...I am not sure if I have a particular preference for any one. I was excited for interview in 2 days but feel dumb passing up a perfectly fine job offer for another job I may not even get! Also, Job A wants me to tell them if I accept by the end of the day tomorrow. Sooo I don't actually have time to wait for other job offers...Please HELP!!! I need advice on how I should proceed! Thanks!

Accept Job Offer or Wait to Hear Back from Others?
You could simply tell them that you are not yet prepared to accept *any* offer. Tell them that you are still considering their offer and have not received any others, but that you have already made a few other appointments and want to keep those commitments.





OR





Call them back and tell them that you cannot meet with them tomorrow and would be able to reschedule for next Monday or Tuesday (whichever day is a day or two after your last interview scheduled.)





At your other two interview, do tell them that you have already received an offer but wanted to pursue the opportunity with them. DO tell them that you have been asked to make a decision by next Tuesday. That way the other employers will know that they need to make an offer right away if they want you.





By telling company A that you can meet with them next week, you are letting them know you are still interested AND you give yourself the time you need to check out the others.





Good luck!
Reply:That is hard.. I am not sure how to answer it... but the same thing sort of happened to me, I hadn't heard back from a job so assumed I didn't get it... got offered another job, started it on the monday and then that afternoon was offered the other job... if I had been offered them at the same time I would have taken the second job I was offered as it paid more... in the end it worked out well because I met my husband there... and gained great experience. Turned out to be a terrific job... sometimes things just work out... So I guess I am saying... go with the job you are offered first...


No comments:

Post a Comment