Monday, May 24, 2010

I cant find a job...what should i do?

i have a BA in psychology with mostly retail experience {like many college students} and im looking for something that pays decent, but everytime i apply and i actually get an interview, they shut me down b/c of lack of experience....WHAT SHOULD I DO?...i'm very hesitant about going back to school and getting a master, with the cost and all...

I cant find a job...what should i do?
A great place to gain experience is through volunteer and community work. It may take some time to break into your chosen field, and remember most entry level positions do not have the most lucrative pay, however will lead you on a path towards you dream career.
Reply:Self-employment is always an option.





When I was first getting started in my field of expertise, I would make sure that the local media outlets knew that I was an expert in my field. When they did stories on my field, they'd invariably call me and put me in the paper, on the radio, or on TV. I amassed quite a bit of interview time, and then I assembled a portfolio of that stuff and used it for marketing purposes. It worked pretty well.





Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment